Yamaha tzr 50 ?

Ryan.W.
This post is 5533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello there

My first topic! lol :P

I am thinking on buying a Yamaha tzr 50 for when i am 16 whitch is only a few months away just wanting to know a few things before i spend my hard cash.

1. Is the Tzr the best 50 around or can you better?

2. Is the tzr a auto ube so you just put in stright petrol and then the oil in the oil tank?

3. How many miles could i do before i would to do a engine rebuild? I herd da rs50 is about 3000?

If somebody could help me it would be much appreciated!

cheers Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1) TZRs are alright, though the Aprillia RS50s tend to be a bit quicker stock on top end.

2) its autolube, you fill up a seperate tank with two stroke oil and it feeds the oil in automatically

3) My DT has done near 28,000 miles and still on its original seals, bearings e.t.c (although the gear change seal is starting to weep), i have only changed to a big bore, RS50s tend to be around 20,000 so i would imagine the TZR would be similar depending how you ride it, if you thrash the bollocks off it then it may need new seals and bearings sooner than it would if you cruised