SR125 replacement bolts list?

TTHJames
This post is 5436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is there a list I can get with the details of all the bolt, nut and washer sizes, lengths e.t.c.?

Are they in the Haynes Manual?

Cheers, James.

try the INOX web site the sr250 might be the same as the 500

Hi James

I'm trying to find the exact same thing. I have some screw head fittings I want to replace with stainless steel allen head bolts but want to get the replacements before trying to remove the original busted ones, it's proving difficult. There are no replacement kits for our bike on ebay and I've emailed a few sellers and had no response. The closest thing I found was a parts catalogue for an SR150 which I believe is a mexican bike, not really much help. I haven't had any response from the yamaha dealer I emailed either. I'm now thinking I should just remove the bolts and take them in to my local bike dealers and see if they have any replacements. My only worry is if they don't have anything then the bike is out of action until I can find them.

Hi James

I'm trying to find the exact same thing. I have some screw head fittings I want to replace with stainless steel allen head bolts but want to get the replacements before trying to remove the original busted ones, it's proving difficult. There are no replacement kits for our bike on ebay and I've emailed a few sellers and had no response. The closest thing I found was a parts catalogue for an SR150 which I believe is a mexican bike, not really much help. I haven't had any response from the yamaha dealer I emailed either. I'm now thinking I should just remove the bolts and take them in to my local bike dealers and see if they have any replacements. My only worry is if they don't have anything then the bike is out of action until I can find them.

I think what I'm going to do is remove each bolt, measure it, then replace it and order them all online or from the fasteners place near me. If I do this before you do yours I'll send you the list.

If you use an impact driver on the screws you should be able to get them out cleanly, go up to your bike shop and if they haven't got a few of them replace them with the old ones until you can find them. I've had my crankcase and sprocket cover off several times in the last week or so and was able to use the rubbish old screws.

Also if you take yours out I would recommend going to a fasteners rather than a bike shop as they will almost certainly have all the ones you need.

James.

Thanks for the advice, and if you do measure them all I'd love to have a copy of the list! I will get the originals out soon but I have the first part of my practical test next week so I'm concentrating on riding the bike for the time being!

Cheers, Chris