1970 CT1 transmission fluid type

oreyca
This post is 5380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all. I just got a 1970 ct1. It's a 175cc and I was wondering if anyone know what kind of oil goes in the transmission? Thanks for the help.

The factory service manual (for the CT1-C) calls for 800cc of SAE 10W30. I'd be careful in selection, since most automotive oils in this viscosity now have friction inhibiters which are bad for wet clutches. M/C oil is guaranteed to NOT have this problem.

Hi all. I just got a 1970 ct1. It's a 175cc and I was wondering if anyone know what kind of oil goes in the transmission? Thanks for the help.

yip a stick to motorcycle oil , don"t be tempted to fill with car or diesel engine oil , coz they have anti-friction agents in them.[clutch slip] . or fully sinthetic ;)

I use Spectro Gold 80wt in all of my two stroke transmissions. The 2 stroke oil lubricates the engine and the spectro takes care of the transmission and clutch.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online