Royal Star ignition

DvlChicky
This post is 5548 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a 1997 Royal Star that has, for the most part, been a good bike - with one problem. There seems to be a problem with the ignition. When starting out or after driving for miles sometimes it will just stop. I then have to jiggle the key, and sometimes hold it for a bit and it will then start up again and be fine for the rest of the day. There's really no rhyme or reason as to when, why or what causes this to happen.

I've googled this problem and found others who have had this issue, but I've not found a fix for it.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions!!

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

possibly a dry solder joint?, could even be a case of something as simple as water in the electrics, i had a similar problem on my DT where none of the electrics would work (indicators, neutral light, e.t.c) but the engine would still run, it seems to have sorted itself out now ive been covering it up at night

may be worth having a look at the connections on the ignition switch