Visor scratch repair

parkey5
This post is 5547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a small scratch on my blue mirrord visor from hitting a fly or something, its right infront of my eyeline which is annoying. is there anything I can use to repair the scratch?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a small scratch on my blue mirrord visor from hitting a fly or something, its right infront of my eyeline which is annoying. is there anything I can use to repair the scratch?

nope ! :mellow:

Wether it's still available I don't know but when I was in the Navy attached to the Fleet Air Arm about ** years ago the pilots used Goddards plastic polish to remove scratches from their windscreens.

what about toothpaste?

Not tried it, so not guaranteed

nah, wont work.

i have tried everything to clean up scratches in plastic for scratched cd's and i found that turtle wax or kit worked really well. didnt remove the scratch, but polished the rough edges of the scratch ok.

but heres the thing, any change you make to the shield to remove the scratch is going to alter the thickness of the shield in the place where you remove the scratch, which will give you an optical blurble in that area anyways. unless you have access to a polishing cloth wheel and even then its really tricky. best off replacing the shield IMO.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online