75 dt250

This post is 5465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 75 250 enduro in non running condition. I have gotten it running, but in 15 minutes it drained the oil tank. It was blowing oil strait out the exhaust pipe . Is there an adjustment on the pump or do i have another problem ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently bought a 75 250 enduro in non running condition. I have gotten it running, but in 15 minutes it drained the oil tank. It was blowing oil strait out the exhaust pipe . Is there an adjustment on the pump or do i have another problem ?

No way this is an adjustment problem, there will be a valve inside the pump, I would guess its a ballbearing and spring type of valve. The purpose of this would be to stop the oil free flowing from the tank to the engine...I suspect your valve may be passing, never stripped mine down so cant help with the details.

...Paul

Found the ball and spring, I did stretch the spring a little and replaced it all. Still the same. Going to bypass the pump and mix the fuel.

Dont recommend that myself, better to sort the pump. does oil free flow through the pump to the pump outlet spigot? If so and yo checked out the check valve, perhaps there is some sh1t on the valve seat, personally I would continue to sort the pump, or source another pump, premix is a pain in the arse unless its a competition only bike IMO.

Dont recommend that myself, better to sort the pump. does oil free flow through the pump to the pump outlet spigot? If so and yo checked out the check valve, perhaps there is some sh1t on the valve seat, personally I would continue to sort the pump, or source another pump, premix is a pain in the arse unless its a competition only bike IMO.

I rigged a clear hose from the pump outlet hose back to the tank. I'm just letting it recirculate for now. I haven't completely given up on the pump.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online