xjr oil filter

xjrnickw
This post is 5541 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys and gals:

Q1 == now am i being a bit thick or is the oil filter on my xjr hiding from me?

Q2 == is there any way that i can tell if there is an ignition advancer on the beastie? It has an akroprovic can on it and sems to pull like a train but ive only done a couple of hundred miles on it;

Q3 == with a mileage of just over 5000 and a set of battleaxes on it (it had the rear when i bought it and was given a front which i had fitted) the rear looks a bit shot am i looking a changing tyres so quickly?

thanks for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiyer!

A1....Follow the clutch hose down to where it goes into the clutch release cylinder. Below this is a cover with a bolt head in the middle. The oil filter is behind this. You may have to loosen the clutch release cylinder first, but do not undo the hose connection.

When you refit the filter cover, you have to push it all the way in, then tighten the bolt. DO NOT try to pull the cover in with the bolt, you'll end up with a hell of an oil leak.

A2....Not a clue, sorry.

A3....I run mine on BT020s, usually two up with luggage. I get 5-6000 miles on the back, about 9-10000 on the front.

Hope this helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online