Are you....

R1caz
This post is 7206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

long line 8) grans bros rode bikes, mums brothers ride, dad rides, cousins and 2nd cousins ride, i ride, my sisters hubby rides. family of bikers 8) but some live very far apart :( some in ireland, australia, way down south. my dads sis an her family arent into bikes, she used to cross the road when her and her mates seen my dad an his mates cos they were 'rough bikers' :lol: 8) think she still thinks the same about him and me :roll:

Never wanted my kids to ride bikes...certainly not on the road anyway.

And certainly not the way that motorcycling has turned out.

It takes a lot of skill, hard work, the right attitude to even get to the point where I would consider somebody as experienced and capable of surviving. And I don't want them being vulnerable....selfish I know, but I can't help it.

Offroad I don't have an issue with.

Me too. Strarted with my greatgrandad, there is currently 24 of us in our family. They are all into old british stuff I'm the black sheep with my "jap crap" but they let me off because i'm the only girl and I "don't know any better! :lol::lol::lol:

Never wanted my kids to ride bikes...certainly not on the road anyway.

And certainly not the way that motorcycling has turned out.

It takes a lot of skill, hard work, the right attitude to even get to the point where I would consider somebody as experienced and capable of surviving. And I don't want them being vulnerable....selfish I know, but I can't help it.

Offroad I don't have an issue with.

Don't have any kids but I would be the same. If it was still the same as when I started my"road" career then it would be fine, but not now to many WA**ERS

Gotta be something in the blood.......my bro rides......& my Dad used to :roll:

He always used to tell me: "If I had MY way, you wouldn't ride @ all!....But I haven't been a very good example of that, now have I?" :wink: :D

(He rode everyday for over 25 years) :lol:

I remember when my Dad gave his last bike away to my bro :( .........I vowed to myself from that day, that when I reach his age.......I'll STILL be throwing a leg over a bike Everyday :tu

Nope.....I was the first in the family to ride a bike, then my older brother took his test and bought a 900 Diversion, and now my younger brother is gonna go for it!!

So in my family, I have certainly started a trend!!! :lol:

yep same here, im the only rider. tho i guess my brother is now he has my old bike. my dad used to have a vespa when he was 18 but he only had it for a year so i don't think that counts :)

My father had a black panther and side car as family transport.....mum on the back of the bike and the kids in the side car :lol: ........i dont remember though :( .............my brothers ride bikes..... although they havent done for a while.........until there lil sis gets one and they both get one :roll: .....kwaks though :oops:

My Dad was a biker and I went everywhere on the back with him when I was a kid. It's in my blood. Where I was brought up, on a farm in Zimbabwe, the only way I could get to school was on a bike. The police allowed me to ride the 20 miles to school when I was 14 as long as I didn't go farther and on into town- Some chance of me sticking to that, but I never got caught. All my mates had bikes and our heroes were Gary Hocking (World Champ) and Jim Redman (World Champ). We used our bikes for unofficial road races. We used to get through the fence onto the track in Harare and we did Junior Scrambles - one of my first bikes was a Cotton with a Villiers engine. Skimmed head, no baffles etc etc. It did for everything. One of my mates' older brothers (Neville Withers) went on to become a spanner man for Agostini at MV Agusta and later worked with Kel Carruthers for King Kenny during Yamaha's golden era. With a background like this I had no choice :roll:

First in my family, I only got one because I met Toseland once when I was little and he "recruited" me into the world of bikes. :D

Only 2 of my friends ride bikes as well :cry:

My great uncle Frank was one of the pioneers of dirt track racing back in the 1920s. He was badly injured in an accident and never fully recovered. He died in the 1970s. Apart from him, I'm the first. None of my three sons have ever got their licences for two wheelers, although they all enjoyed riding old crocks on the beach. Might be the influence of all my accidents working on them!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online