LIGHT REALY

stevie g
This post is 5543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi gang

Please excuse my ignorance,however am having a wee bit of bother with lights. In short I have no runnin glights. side light ok and main beam okay when i use the flash switch up front. Changed bulbs checked changed fuse stil no joy. Does the 2004 xvs 1100a classic have alight realy and if so where is the daashed thing located.

I may actually have to think about the switch bu thtought I would ask th eexperts first.

Much appreciated :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi gang

Please excuse my ignorance,however am having a wee bit of bother with lights. In short I have no runnin glights. side light ok and main beam okay when i use the flash switch up front. Changed bulbs checked changed fuse stil no joy. Does the 2004 xvs 1100a classic have alight realy and if so where is the daashed thing located.

I may actually have to think about the switch bu thtought I would ask th eexperts first.

Much appreciated :blink:

Hiya Steve, have you tried spraying a bit of WD40/contact cleaner on the switch electrics? (open up the switch housing to do this)

I've had a little problem like this with my 650 - the hi-beam indicator on the clock would come on when the switch was on dipped-beam, but i only had side lights actually working. A bit of WD in the right place sorted it...

I'd give it a go before spending money on a relay.

Hiya Steve, have you tried spraying a bit of WD40/contact cleaner on the switch electrics? (open up the switch housing to do this)

I've had a little problem like this with my 650 - the hi-beam indicator on the clock would come on when the switch was on dipped-beam, but i only had side lights actually working. A bit of WD in the right place sorted it...

I'd give it a go before spending money on a relay.

Cheers mate

Tried that sadly no joy.Have got a relay and now spent past two hours stripping tank, panels ,seat etc off trying to locate the blessed thing.

Will keep you posted

Stevie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online