Getting screw adjuster off 75 mx400

bigbun01
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm trying to get the screw adjuster off, (never heard of it). If you look at this diagram, it is number 23 on the clutch diagram. It won't just turn like a regular screw. Is there some kind of trick to this type of screw? Hopefully it is something easy that I haven't tried. Also, I'm trying to get off the big bolt, Number 10 on the same diagram. It is on like a son of a gun. Suggestions? Thanks for your help. Link below: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycl...0b-1975/o/m7402

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An impact gun will buzz the main nut off. The other screw is held in by the lock nut on the outside. If it's stuck you may try applying heat to the case.

I cant figure out from the drawing how the screw adjuster works but i suppose it somehow turns the actuator, is the clutch cable disconnected from it, try moving the actator arm while attempting to undo this screw. As for the clutch centre nut you will need a tool to hold the thing still while you undo the nut, something like this

DT175006.jpg

or in the past in the days before laser cutting i have made my own out of a bit of flat bar

DT175005.jpg

Its used like this

DT175002.jpg

I assume the engine is stripped and the cylinder is off, with the home made locking device you will need to lock the crankshaft, pass a bar (just smaller than the piston pin and quite long) through the small end eye, place two blocks of wood across the crankcase mouth and allow the crank to turn until the pin rests on the wood blocks. Take great care that the outer drum segment are not unduly strained, theyre easily bent or broken and with such an old bike will be difficult to replace

...Paul