dt problem?

This post is 5446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, i have an old 87 dt. the prob i have is that there is an air pocket in the fuel line from the tank to the carb?

if i remove the fuel line from the carb the air pocket gets pushed out and feul flows how it should? as soon as line is put back on carb the air pocket returns?

any help please as i'm stumped????? :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello, i have an old 87 dt. the prob i have is that there is an air pocket in the fuel line from the tank to the carb?

if i remove the fuel line from the carb the air pocket gets pushed out and feul flows how it should? as soon as line is put back on carb the air pocket returns?

any help please as i'm stumped????? :(

Off the top of my head i'd look at the carb vent/breather. The air in the float chamber can't get out so fuel can't get in.

You mean like thru a clear fuel line or fuel filter? As long as the carb gets fuel it wont matter if there is air in that.

You mean like thru a clear fuel line or fuel filter? As long as the carb gets fuel it wont matter if there is air in that.

No the air in your fuel line may be coming up from the float chamber becaust the carb vent is blocked. There is/was/should be a rubber pipe that runs down to somewhere abouts the back of the footpegs with the overflows. This should allow air out of the float chamber, if its blocked the fuel will not flow properly.

I take it that the bike is not running as it should?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online