yamaha dragstar 650 rear wheel

loydy
This post is 5550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all.

i need a new rear wheel for my yamaha dragstar xvs650. i found one but its from a 2003 model, my bike is 1999 model. my question is. Will it fit?

thanks. loydy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Apparently every 650, Classic and Custom, takes the same size tyre (170/80-15M/C 77S)......

But different models of Bridgestone/Dunlop - G702 or D404 for Classic, G546 or K555 for Custom.

Does the 20kg of extra Classic weight make that much difference?

Other than that, I see no problem.

Is this wheel you found from the same type of bike as your 650?

Apparently every 650, Classic and Custom, takes the same size tyre (170/80-15M/C 77S)......

But different models of Bridgestone/Dunlop - G702 or D404 for Classic, G546 or K555 for Custom.

Does the 20kg of extra Classic weight make that much difference?

Other than that, I see no problem.

Is this wheel you found from the same type of bike as your 650?

hi. thanks for the reply. yeah they say its from a 2003 dragstar ( but my local yam dealer say there is no 2003 dragster) so it must be from a 2002 bike, same model just youger.

lloyd

can you possibly find out the part numbers to see if they are the same?. failing that you might have to take some accurate measurements of the wheel (and spindle) and ask the seller to do the same.

...Paul

hi.

thanks for the reply. I gave my local yam dealer a phone call and they checked the part numbers and they matched, so i guess it wil fit.

thanks for the help.

loydy