Convert for fuel injection? :)

pruttmannen
This post is 4929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

I was just playing with the idea and wonder if its possible to convert a XT125 to Fuel Injection?

Since the YBR125 has the same engine but with fuel injection wouldnt it be possible to take the "injection part" and put were the carburator sits in the XT? And ofc the electrical stuff needed.

What would you need to do to make it work? (if even possible)

Would there be any benefits?

Thx in advance :)

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Funily enough I was wondering this to myself the other day! I also have a XT 125 and my friend has a YBR. I can't seem to get the air/fuel mixture right on my carb so my friend jokingly suggested converting to electronic fuel injection :P

If your XT runs fine as it is though, I wouldn't think fuel injection would offer you any benefits other than not needing to apply the choke when starting from cold, and depending on your air/fuel mixture, it would use petrol more efficiently (if your mix happened to be slightly rich for whatever reason) and save you a bit of money on fuel :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online