1976 xs360

grsemnky76
This post is 5546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to start off im new here, this is my first post.. so if im posting in the wrong area or anything, i apologize ahead of time :P

anyways, i just recently got a free 1976 xs360, with 6,xxx miles. the bike was sitting in a garage for over 10yrs... but it seems to be in farely good shape.. almost no rust, paint/decals are in amazing condition and the tires even "seem" to be alright. the lady also said it ran fine when it got put away. i knew it wouldnt fire, so i didnt even try... ive already went ahead and cleaned the gas tank out, removed the battery, pulled the plugs and changed the oil. i figure itll need the carbs cleaned also... just wondering what else i should do before trying to fire it? i dont know awhole lot about bikes, so ill take any tips i can get. thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: grsemnky76

get some new oil circulating around the engine before you fire it up (take out spark plugs first)

gap contacts and time the igntion, other than that ,I reckon you will still have problems with fuel gumming up the carbs!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online