tight petrol tap(dt 125)

This post is 5480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,can anyone tell me what causes the petrol tap to go tight,can it be fixed ? Or is it a replacement ? Need to sort it as it was so tight tonight i nearly had to use a pair of pliers on it!! Lol,

Cheers

Tim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could just be full of sh*t, take it out and give it a good spray through with WD40 and clean the filter screen whilst you're at it

I would have thought you could strip it down and give it a light clean with something, dont forget the metal is soft though so dont be too rough and rinse it clean before re assembly. Use a well fitting screwdriver on any screws so you dont round them off. If it gets much worse youre gonna break it,

Goes without saying drain the tank before stripping...even though i just said it... :blink:

...Paul

Thanks for the quick replies,i will give it a go,shame i filled the tank up on the way home!! Oh well sods law i suppose!!

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the quick replies,i will give it a go,shame i filled the tank up on the way home!! Oh well sods law i suppose!!

Cheers

Tim

G'day mate. If it is the type of tap that has an O-ring, replace the O-ring. It swells and tightens up the guts of the tap.Paul.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online