xvs 125 drag star 2002 only one cylnder firing

dm743
This post is 5561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, just bought my 125 drag star off a fella and it ran fine for about 20 mile then she completly shut down, couldnt get back in touch with the fella so i do believe i have been scammed...

Turned out i needed to replace the regulator/rectifier and battery as the old one was about to blow up.

Now the bike appears to be firing only one cylinder she only clocks about 20 mph and constantly struggles and dies if i move into third gear. tried testing the spark plugs and the cables that hold them and even took off the tank to follow the wires back to what appears to be the ignitor. the leads and parts all function when pluged into the left hand side of the motor that fits into the second cylinder but no sparks when plugged into the righthand side goining into the first cylinder.

anyone any ideas, i start a work very soon and need transport.

a new igniter would cost £360 and its a bit steep, also the guy at charleshurst yamaha said if the part was faulty it would effect both cylinders so im completely lost.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online