Ultra Seal

XT Alan
This post is 7248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks,

Has anyone used Ultra Seal in their tyres? If you have, does it work? I have discovered that although the XT uses tubes, the rims are tubeless types and to change a tyre needs a bead breaker. So fixing punctures/replacing tubes is not as straightforward as it might be.

Alan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been in the predicament before :roll: ........A C-clamp comes in handy, as a bead breaker sometimes though :wink:

As far as the Ultra Seal goes......I'm not sure i've used that brand before, but have tried others like it.

I used to do a fair amount of tire work for a local bike shop........& whenever I'd break into a tire from some customer, who's used that stuff.......

Well, let's just say it was a HELLUVA Mess! :roll: :evil:

It just takes some finesse & patience, but dealing with tubes can sometimes be worthwhile in the long run :wink:

Our shop won't sell ultra seal or anything like it cos it stays liquid and slops about it unbalances the wheels. No point having them balanced in the first place.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online