Powervalve - which way up ?

bob-c
This post is 5478 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just removed the powervalve on my DT200 for a clean , like a dipstick I didn't note which way up it was. Should it be fitted with the convex machined side uppermost ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well new o rings have arrived so i will refit the powervalve shiny side up , as the valve rotates clockwise (looking from cable )side to close I reckon this will lower the exhaust port top edge slowing the release of gases giving low down power ??

Bob

Well new o rings have arrived so i will refit the powervalve shiny side up , as the valve rotates clockwise (looking from cable )side to close I reckon this will lower the exhaust port top edge slowing the release of gases giving low down power ??

Bob

This may or may not be accurate for your bike but i'm sure the main part of the powervalve was at the top on my RD350 so it rotated down from the top of the exhaust port, i seem to recall that the pully would only fit the right way as well.

Not much but it might help. There is a DT forum out there that has a load of DT stuff like this, i don't have the address but it should google.

Thanks Cynic, that confirms my thoughts .Also I'll test the potentiometer on the servo tonight , thanks for your support ,I am on my own out here - I asked the local bike repairer for a split pin to fit the castellated nut on the back wheel and he gave me a nail !!

Bob

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online