carb rebuild

warkilt
This post is 5455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am rebuilding my bs34 carbs and i am trying to get the pilot jet and my manual says to use a tapered rod to remove it but i don't understand what they mean by doing that. I would think if you push to hard then you would just push it in harder. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never heard that one before. All I have ever seen are a straight slot or are fixed and wont come out. Use a jet cleaning tool and run it thru the hole in the jet while it's in the carb. At least you can still get it clean and you wont chance damaging anything trying to remove it.

Never heard that one before. All I have ever seen are a straight slot or are fixed and wont come out. Use a jet cleaning tool and run it thru the hole in the jet while it's in the carb. At least you can still get it clean and you wont chance damaging anything trying to remove it.

Ok That sounds like it a better shot then trying to break it out. Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online