Oh Dear

R1caz
This post is 7265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just ridden a Rocket III! My first thought it is immense, an olympic gymnast would have trouble throwing a leg over!

Still never one to pass on a chance to ride I get on. The 320KG feels like a mere 1320KG and I nearly get a hernia . :?

On with the engine and pull away I head to the nearest twistys and nearly crash it handles abysmally oh well. :oops:

Find a straight and lets get this bad boy going,

The 2294cc engine with 147ft.lbf of torque at 2500rpm leaves you with the feeling that it wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding.

You can get groovy accessories to, you know like leather chaps and gimp masks that's got to worth 11k of anyones money :lol::lol::lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just ridden a Rocket III! 

You can get groovy accessories to, you know like leather chaps and gimp masks that's got to worth 11k of anyones money :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But I bet you don't need the Magnet accessory, to pick up parts that vibrate off like Hardley's :roll: :lol:

cool 8) i think they look a heavy ugly big bastard of a bike, i'd still love a ride on one though. mmmmm torque :lol: :twisted:

I think the Rocket III is on the front cover of T.W.O magazine this month. Has the bike got a twin round light at the front? :?

It's for fat middleaged men who would rather buy British than American (although ironically Triumph r exporting most of them to the usa) nd can't afford a penis extention nd r to ugly for a mistress!

Sad really. Triumph were becoming a really good manufacturer. Things started to go pear shaped when they made the TT100, followed by the re-invented Bonny and now this!

The old core of bikes:Trophys, Speed Triple, Thunderbird, Daytona 955 and Tiger was strong and distinctive. These new additions make the range a mess.

And I think it's sacrilege trying to cash in on the Rocket 3 name!

Not that the Rocket 3 was any good...cos it wasn't. Neither was the Trident. But they do have a place in history and no doubt some people have emotional attachments to the name. So it's just a way to exploit those people really.

FFS if they haven't got anything worthwhile to build, just do a Suzuki and steal it! :lol:

Sad really. Triumph were becoming a really good manufacturer. Things started to go pear shaped when they made the TT100, followed by the re-invented Bonny and now this!

The old core of bikes:Trophys, Speed Triple, Thunderbird, Daytona 955 and Tiger was strong and distinctive. These new additions make the range a mess.

Rode the Daytona 600. It's ok but for a race rep it just seems a bit lacking

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online