fazer sprocket sizes

bobatporty
This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all.

Due to a bad back I finally had to sell my R6 with a very heavy heart. Two years on I just had to have a road bike so I just bought a 2000 fazer 600r. I feel it is low geared it has the right sprockets on it, but has anyone changed theirs with any success I'm not looking for blistering acceleration but get rid of that feeling of wanting a sevnth gear.

Can anyone also direct me to a good supplier of fazer parts in the UK and prefably online.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i use JTsprockets, look them up on google as they have a diagram, and a list of sizes available for that bike, not sure if you can order online though but i order mine through my yamaha dealer

Hi

Your cheapest option is to go up one tooth on the gearbox (countershaft) sprocket.

This may mean you will need a new longer chain as well. Ask your bike mechanic if he has chain half-links or a link you can join with a spring clip joiner this will be a cheap temp option to lengthen your chain so that you can assess the sprocket change.

If you're with happy with the gearing change you can then spend the money on a full new chain.

regards.

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I went one tooth up on the front and the gearing for me is a lot better not as quick from a standind start but the engine revs seem better in top. I do find myself going round the twisty bits 1 gear down and only realy using 6th gear for the straights.

Also didn't have to buy a new chain, so was a good cheap and usefull alteration.