Speedo and milometer stopped working YBR125

samuel398
This post is 5569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but what would be a common cause for the speedo and milometer to suddenly stop working? All other electrics fine (apart from main beam and headlamp switch being back to front but not really a problem!) Theres a bunch of electrical wires beneath the headlamp... will it simply be a case of a loose wire somewhere? Thanks for any tips!

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but what would be a common cause for the speedo and milometer to suddenly stop working? All other electrics fine (apart from main beam and headlamp switch being back to front but not really a problem!) Theres a bunch of electrical wires beneath the headlamp... will it simply be a case of a loose wire somewhere? Thanks for any tips!

Sam

Usually it's a wire cable so can only presume it has severed somewhere. If you trace it from the back of the speedo it should go to the front wheel. Undo it and see if you can twist the cable with your fingers, if you can but the speedo needle doesn't move I would imagine the inner cable has broke inside the outer cable (new cable req'd). At the speedo end make sure the nut is done up.

Unless of course you have a digital electric speedo, in which case I haven't a clue.

I had the same problem with my YBR, purchased a new cable from a Yam Dealer was on about £12

They may have to order it in for you as mine took a few days to arrive.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online