XCS 1300 wind buffing

Langers
This post is 5564 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I am new to the XVS, I previously had an SV 650s and then a GSXR 750, both of these bikes gave me sore legs and a painful rist, I also got tired of the bikes trying to kill me.... So far I love this bike, the cruiser position is so much better for comfort, I did 300 miles alone this weekend!

Anyway, on to my point.

I brought the bike with no windshield and it looked superb, however anything over 65 mph was too much, the wind would hit me straight in the chest and arms and it felt like I was being pushed off the bike. Now I have a national cycles windshield, this is nice, I have a few issues with the rubber strips that go down the frame and the windshield, my issue is that now the wind is now hitting me straight in the head, and because obviously the windshield has a small amount of play the wind is bouncing onto the helmet and its making my vision very shaky.

Has anybody else seen this issue and been able to fix it?

I cant decide if its better to be going slower and have no wind shield or to have this shacking of my helmet and be able to do 90mph.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I am new to the XVS, I previously had an SV 650s and then a GSXR 750, both of these bikes gave me sore legs and a painful rist, I also got tired of the bikes trying to kill me.... So far I love this bike, the cruiser position is so much better for comfort, I did 300 miles alone this weekend!

Anyway, on to my point.

I brought the bike with no windshield and it looked superb, however anything over 65 mph was too much, the wind would hit me straight in the chest and arms and it felt like I was being pushed off the bike. Now I have a national cycles windshield, this is nice, I have a few issues with the rubber strips that go down the frame and the windshield, my issue is that now the wind is now hitting me straight in the head, and because obviously the windshield has a small amount of play the wind is bouncing onto the helmet and its making my vision very shaky.

Has anybody else seen this issue and been able to fix it?

I cant decide if its better to be going slower and have no wind shield or to have this shacking of my helmet and be able to do 90mph.

Hi,

I have the Yam OEM screen... 17" version... I also had a fair bit of buffeting untill I fitted a set of Buck lowers and tilted the screen back a bit ( which needed a modification with my trusty dremel )... not sure if any of that will help with a National cycles screen... is the same fixing as OEM?

Stu

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online