yamaha rxs100

hulland
This post is 5566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ello lads

i have got a Yamaha rxs100 and struggle to get any more than 50 out of it unless going down a big hill that is!

has anyone got any ideas of what i can do or buy to give it more power

any info is much appreciated :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ello lads

i have got a Yamaha rxs100 and struggle to get any more than 50 out of it unless going down a big hill that is!

has anyone got any ideas of what i can do or buy to give it more power

any info is much appreciated :D

Hi

:welcome: to the forum

before buying anything it may be worth cleaned out (decoking) the exhaust system & exhaust port. I know I'm only about 8½ stone but on a stock RXS on a flat road under neutral conditions I could get up to the high 60's.

with small bikes rider weight does have a bearing on top speed/performance but I would guess anyone could get 60 on the flat out of an RXS

Regards Jim

Hi

:welcome: to the forum

before buying anything it may be worth cleaned out (decoking) the exhaust system & exhaust port. I know I'm only about 8½ stone but on a stock RXS on a flat road under neutral conditions I could get up to the high 60's.

with small bikes rider weight does have a bearing on top speed/performance but I would guess anyone could get 60 on the flat out of an RXS

Regards Jim

thanks mate will try that,

yes i am a biggish lad but even down hill its only about 60, i have had 67 out of her but it was down a very long hill!

thanks mate will try that,

yes i am a biggish lad but even down hill its only about 60, i have had 67 out of her but it was down a very long hill!

Hi,

let us know what goes on !

Regards Jim

You really do have to wring the neck on the RXS 100

I rode around for a couple of months riding it hard, or so i thought, and managed medioicre speeds.

I then took a Suzuki 500 out, and afterwards the poor little RXS felt pedestrian, but I rode it like I stole it, and it was quicker than it ever had been. Im 14 stone, and used to get 70 on dual carriageways after a while, and would sit at 60 - 65 quite happily on country lanes.

If cleaning the carb, new spark plug, and a decent de-coke dont improve things as much as you hope, just push the thing as hard as you can. They seem to handle abuse very well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online