Polishing Plastics

XT Alan
This post is 7247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have any of you tried Armor All on your plastics? It works really well. I followed the instructions - wipe on (leave for 30minutes) - wipe on again (leave for another 30 minutes) - wipe on a third time (leave all night) - buff it up.

I have always used Crystal GLO as my polish, but even though it is non abrasive (unlike Auto Glym) it isn't as effective. Crystal GLO is excellent on engine cases, exhausts, wheels and frame rails by the way.

Another good move is to stick clear vinyl on vulnerable surfaces - forks, inside the swing arm etc. This will keep your pride and joy from chipping.

Finally (How sad am I?) I paint "Protect and Ride" onto all the potental corrosion spots, fasteners etc.

Once all this is done, you can ride all year knowing that your pride and joy will clean up like new. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

3 coats applied, and I got to say that at the moment it looks bloody amazing!

I've tried a few other things before and it made little difference....but this is something else.

See what it looks like tomorrow for the final verdict.

Just went out to have a look at it. And it really does look good you know.

I'd go so far as to say that it looks like there's completely new panels on the bike.

I think we've now entered the Silkolene/NGK Iridium/PJ1 Blue/Armor All era! 8)