The Truth about Motorcycle Chains!

Pete
This post is 7387 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for that, i'm bad for not looking after chains right :roll: i fettle about with nearly every other bit of the bike but only do the chain once in a blue moon. with me moving onto bigger bikes now i shall have to pay more attention to them.......

Good article. I clean my chain every 2000 miles or so. I lubricate as often as every 100 miles, depending on the conditions. I'll stick to Motul, as it has always worked for me. I used PJI until a couple of years ago, I can'tt remember why I stopped :?: but there was a reason :?

very interesting read...1 point i couldnt find, the "o" / "x" rings are also there for "damping" abilities and to relieve stress from the pins in the chain.

Good reading there Pete :wink: ..........I hate to admit it, but I've fallen outta practice with looking after chains.....mainly since I've been riding a shaftie for almost 4 years now :? ......but before that, chain maintainence was something I could do in my sleep 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online