Safety Cameras my arse

scritty
This post is 5475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a nice letter from my local constabulary the ******* want £60 from me in exchange for 3 points

they have me down for doing 74 in a 60 on an A road my 1st points in 10 years :angry:

i wldnt mind if i was givin it some welly in or near a built up area but this is a road that runs through open country side and has good clear vision why dont they just call them speed tax vans and be done with it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ha if you contest you may get off with a saftey corce like my mum did :P

she nearly got done doing 120mph(sv650s) down the olseter bypass but she saw the van just in time to drop the hamer on down to 60mph

go on mcn and find the video of a police camera in the back of a horse box i mean common they dident even put any notices up was just pure money making :(

Never liked them myself, few of my "crew" tried going past the local cameras with thier feet over the numberplate and it does work, but the plod will find them eventually :\

i dont travel very far from newbury anyway so its only really the yellow "piggy banks" i have to watch for

• 3 weeks later...

Never liked them myself, few of my "crew" tried going past the local cameras with thier feet over the numberplate and it does work, but the plod will find them eventually :\

i dont travel very far from newbury anyway so its only really the yellow "piggy banks" i have to watch for

My thought for today

Just stick some German numberplate on your bike and plead u cant talk English !! If you have some German paperwork that looks sort of real I guess there is about 1% chance of finding a scum bag who could read and understand its not for real. After all they cant and dont understand UK laws, they have to make them up as they go along.

If u get banned pass your test in Ireland or other EU country get insured and get back on the road !! Better still get one before you do get banned and your back on the road straight away without any delay. Or is it u have to get your test done outside of the EU due to some new European law that integrates licenses and individuals? Anyone know? I know this was an old trick people could would and DID use.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online