speedo cable

bash
This post is 5489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can any body help, i have just noticed some oil which looks like it is coming from the speedo cable that is connected to the engine is there a seal or something as it is leaking not much but enough, i guess it needs a new one but is it anything more i have to worry about

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can any body help, i have just noticed some oil which looks like it is coming from the speedo cable that is connected to the engine is there a seal or something as it is leaking not much but enough, i guess it needs a new one but is it anything more i have to worry about

:welcome: Bash,

it would be good to know what model of Yamaha you are talking about. in the time period I worked on Yam's none had a speedo drive connected to the engine, but a lot of them had a Tacho Drive connected to the engine ! So I guess if you give a bit more info we could help you more

Regards Jim

:welcome: Bash,

it would be good to know what model of Yamaha you are talking about. in the time period I worked on Yam's none had a speedo drive connected to the engine, but a lot of them had a Tacho Drive connected to the engine ! So I guess if you give a bit more info we could help you more

Regards Jim

Oh sh'@t yeah i have a dt 125 lc on a 52 reg sorry hah

Oh sh'@t yeah i have a dt 125 lc on a 52 reg sorry hah

Hi Bash,

I guess we are talking tacho drive .... and you are correct with an oil seal being present in the drive as the bike in question is a bit young for me where is the drive situated ?

Regards Jim

Hi Bash,

I guess we are talking tacho drive .... and you are correct with an oil seal being present in the drive as the bike in question is a bit young for me where is the drive situated ?

Regards Jim

on the top on the right of my engine right behind my break fluid blue top up for the back wheel, it is leaking like a brown oil from it