Quick sputter/hesitation @ WOT @ 6k RPMS

78XS400
This post is 5571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

78 XS 400. When I go full throttle no matter what rpm/gear at about 6,000 rpms it sputters/hesitates for about 2-300 rpm then pulls fine after that, does this mean I am lean or rich or something else? My idle is perfect and the throttle response from 1200 rpm+ is awesome right now. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

78 XS 400. When I go full throttle no matter what rpm/gear at about 6,000 rpms it sputters/hesitates for about 2-300 rpm then pulls fine after that, does this mean I am lean or rich or something else? My idle is perfect and the throttle response from 1200 rpm+ is awesome right now. Thanks!

have a looksey HERE

Also check the advance is working by using a strobe timing lamp and seeing the advance move on the crank

Carbs have been fully rebuilt and cleaned already

and how many times i've heard that before only to find some hidden "gunk" in the emusion tubes.

did you strip and clean the carbs yourself using an ultrasonic cleaner or did you get it professionally cleaned?

and how many times i've heard that before only to find some hidden "gunk" in the emusion tubes.

did you strip and clean the carbs yourself using an ultrasonic cleaner or did you get it professionally cleaned?

I dont know where the emusion tubes are can you post a pic? I tore them down replaced the jets and needles and cleaned everything.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online