DIVERSION OIL LIGHT

infidel
This post is 4053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought a 1992 Diversion 600, and it does everything I thought it would. However, when i start it the oil light comes on after a short time, stays on for a few minutes, and then disappears. There's no sign that it's using oil. Is this to do with the levels not registering until it's slightly warm, or have I got a problem? Any info from 600 owners would be very welcome,

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just bought a 1992 Diversion 600, and it does everything I thought it would. However, when i start it the oil light comes on after a short time, stays on for a few minutes, and then disappears. There's no sign that it's using oil. Is this to do with the levels not registering until it's slightly warm, or have I got a problem? Any info from 600 owners would be very welcome,

Thanks

Sounds like your oil level switch needs replacing (not doing it's job properly). Should be ok as long as you keep an eye on the oil level via the sight glass (or dipstick). Switches tend to need replacing at the age your bike is now (17 years old), my bike's 23 years old & i just know that i'm going to have 2 start replacing oil seals very soon, but being a lazy type person i'll probably leave it till it's absolutely desperate for new seals.

Thanks

Sounds like your oil level switch needs replacing (not doing it's job properly). Should be ok as long as you keep an eye on the oil level via the sight glass (or dipstick). Switches tend to need replacing at the age your bike is now (17 years old), my bike's 23 years old & i just know that i'm going to have 2 start replacing oil seals very soon, but being a lazy type person i'll probably leave it till it's absolutely desperate for new seals.

Many thanks for this, it's something I can cope with! I've had big ends seize before, and it tends to be in the back of your mind!

my diversion does the same thing if I leave it on its sidestand while its warming up.

Its never been a problem

just keep an eye on the oil level

Yes, that too: I presume it registers a low level because of this? Thanks for letting me know it's nothing to worry about!

• 3 years later...

hi. I'm new to all this forum thingy but any help would be appreciated. my k reg divvy 600s started fine this morning, bit rattly as usual but all ok. I let it warm up while I got my helmet on, went to leave for work at 5am and it died. I thought ok, turn off, start it again and carry on. only it will not start. there is plenty of oil in there. 3/4 on glass but I topped it up a little, anyway. still wont start and oil light won't go out. push starter button and nothing. won't bump start. oil light stays on as usual as it always has. until its started them it usually goes out. please HELP! cheers peeps

How do you kno the sparks ok " if thers nowt on starter ,[ turn-over] any way, earths/ battery / starter solinoid , is where to look,

have you a multi meter,,, :eusa_think: