Problems with DT 125 RE 2005-works but sloppy

Bearsaxo
This post is 5576 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im having problems with my Yamaha Dt 125 Re 2005 model not running smoothly and wanting some help on what it could be.

Basically yesterday we took off the carburettor and cleaned it allout, also we were up by the speedo cables changing the headlight bulbs. Now its all back together although the bike is not running well at all. The powervalve system wont even work as the revs wont even go high enough for the powervavle to kick in. As i dont have a rev meter i dont no how high exactly they go although the bike struggles to get to 50mph. Before we took all the a#carburettor off the bike ran wellbut always needed choke to start, hence we cleaned out the carb and that.

Any help or ideas on what this problem could be?

Cheers

Also more info. when the choke is on it hardly ticks over. Surely something small i would think as it still works?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im having problems with my Yamaha Dt 125 Re 2005 model not running smoothly and wanting some help on what it could be.

Basically yesterday we took off the carburettor and cleaned it allout, also we were up by the speedo cables changing the headlight bulbs. Now its all back together although the bike is not running well at all. The powervalve system wont even work as the revs wont even go high enough for the powervavle to kick in. As i dont have a rev meter i dont no how high exactly they go although the bike struggles to get to 50mph. Before we took all the a#carburettor off the bike ran wellbut always needed choke to start, hence we cleaned out the carb and that.

Any help or ideas on what this problem could be?

Cheers

Also more info. when the choke is on it hardly ticks over. Surely something small i would think as it still works?

Always needing choke to start is not a fault?? You are going to have to go thruogh what you did in reverse to find the problem. My money is something in the carb.

Carb cleaning is far more than a quick wipe, it takes a long time with the appropriate soloutions, micro brushes ( very thin copper strands) to do it properly. And then it will need adjusting afterwards.

Always needing choke to start is not a fault?? You are going to have to go thruogh what you did in reverse to find the problem. My money is something in the carb.

Carb cleaning is far more than a quick wipe, it takes a long time with the appropriate soloutions, micro brushes ( very thin copper strands) to do it properly. And then it will need adjusting afterwards.

Yea we took it apart and cleaned through all the jets with cleaner and aired it through to make sure of no blockages then we put it all back together and on. Although now as i said it runs sloppy. i read somewhere that there is a possibility that it could be something to do with a float height or sumat. As it said that when it gets to the end of the rev range before the powerband it needs to push through more fuel for the powerband although it doesnt do this in any gear therefore they said it wud be a problem with the float height. Does anyone no how i can change the float height? or check that it is the right height.

As it still runs it will be nothing major right??

Thanks

I have read loads of times that some people with a problem the same or similar to this have replaced jets with bigger jets and have had there problems solved.

If it helps my DT 125 RE 2005 has a Full DEP exhaust system and it was only after cleaning all the carbs and jets out that we had the problem. How would i no for definate if this was the problem with the jets?

Looking for a quick response if possible. thanks

Don't take this the wrong way folks but if it was fine before you messed with it why are the jets wrong afterwards.

I don't know exactly how or the proper measurement to adjust the float height on your bikes but it will be discribed in the manual and will be a relatively simple job.

I would still check all your other work as i've already said it was OK before and unless you messed with something on the floats then the float height will be ok still.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online