Noise annoys??

R1caz
This post is 7247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Read an article the other day about noisy cans. It said that people who arn't bikers associate noise with speed IE if it sounds loud they must be going fast.There are a few groups now trying to get "speeding" motorcyclists banned from their local roads. I have always firmly been in the "loud pipes save lives" camp but would hate to think that my can would get someome elsewhere banned from doing what they love. What do you think?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think some people don't like bikers full stop (Don't know why?), but cars theses days have just as loud exhaust systems and they're not complaining as much about them! Why??

Also, loud cans doesn't mean you are going fast.........you get theses shitty Nova and Civic boyz with big exhausts who are rumbling down the road, but because their cars are only like a 1.2 or 1.4, it's loud even reving the car up to 30mph!!!

This is a really boring answer. Loud cans are a pain and anti-social. I live in a small village just outside Aberystwyth. Summer days, morning to night: all you hear are bikes with loud cans having their nuts reved off by the children who ride them. I love bikes, but not everyone else in our society does.

I am of the opinion that biking now attracts too many of the old XR3i brigade, who are only just one step up the food chain from Nova Boys.

By putting two fingers up at the law I feel that this moronic culture that now prevails in biking will soon get us all penalised.

I'd have to say that there's no point getting cans that are too loud. Noise may save lives but at the moment it's doing nothing to help bikers against the anti-bike movement. Especially in country areas, a loud can really destroys any peacefulness. Just use a quieter, road legal can, and there is no harm done

This answer makes me sound like a tit doesn't it :oops: :roll:

I'd have to say that there's no point getting cans that are too loud. Noise may save lives but at the moment it's doing nothing to help bikers against the anti-bike movement. Especially in country areas, a loud can really destroys any peacefulness. Just use a quieter, road legal can, and there is no harm done

This answer makes me sound like a tit doesn't it :oops:  :roll:

:lol::lol: Your answer doesn't make you sound like a tit but maybe our loud cans make US sound like them!

I am of the opinion that biking now attracts too many of the old XR3i brigade, who are only just one step up the food chain from Nova Boys.

Agree Alan.

And I know I've said it before...but why do people want to spend hundreds of pounds to make their bike loud when all they're doing is attracting unwanted police and public attention and INVALIDATING their insurance.

Don't believe me? Check with your insurance company!

i like a loud bike but not overly loud. people should also learn when and where thay can make loadsa noise. like some of you have said, all the guys with their race pipes rev the bollocks outta them on the way out of our village and it just annoys everyone and gives us all a bad name. i must admit my rd is one noisy bastard though, it's made a few kids hold their ears and cry :shock: :lol: i keep it as quiet as i can till out in the country

i like a loud bike but not overly loud. people should also learn when and where thay can make loadsa noise. like some of you have said, all the guys with their race pipes rev the bollocks outta them on the way out of our village and it just annoys everyone and gives us all a bad name. i must admit my rd is one noisy bastard though, it's made a few kids hold their ears and cry :shock:  :lol:  i keep it as quiet as i can till out in the country
Quite right a time and a place for everything!

looks like i'm one of the select view that likes loud cans...well after umpteen nearlies of "sorry mate didnt see ya" i went down the route of well you will hear me then. dont get me wrong i am not one of these 11k rpm in a 30 zone, its in top and silently pass through but once that national speed limit is hit then i dont intend on getting hit...if that makes sense :wink:

lets face it some twat in a nova or saxo with his oosh ooosh oosh bass bins blasting as loud as possible is far more irritating than the sweet vroooom of a bike :lol:

It's correct what has been said, noise perceives speed...check out a moped gp to see what i mean :wink: :lol:

tbh i love noise, the louder the better, but when it comes to night time and i come home in the morning (2-3 o clock) i always keep the revs down though my estate and knock my engine off before i get to my house as my exhaust is very loud (the silencer is not properly...or even close to properly joinned and air sealer to the rest of the exhaust). so there is a time to be loud (90% of the time) and i time to be quiet (5%) of the time. the other 5% is for when your not sure so your not to loud (ie police behind you, but not to quiet (u just wanna rub it in to them your exhaust is bang on the 82db limit) :P

Don't get me wrong. I love the sound of noisey bikes - just not on the road. The best sound I ever heard was during a Motocross, Sound of Thunder race at Talsarn: 40 bikes accelerating up the 1 in 3 axhaust pipes pointing at the public at the bottom. The noise was awesome...........

I love noise I've already got my ticket for Motogp at donnington that will be VERY noisy! :D  :D  :D

Ahhh Yes......Mechanical Music @ it's best :wink: