Dt125r derestricted - Running right?

This post is 5500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i have a 1995 DT125, with a 2003 engine. When i got the bike the PV was pegged open. I have since fitted a YPVS servo. The bike has a full DEP system, and i have trimmed the inlet rubber 'funnel'as shown on DT125.net. The bike pulls really well at higher revs, but seems to be gutless at low revs, i.e. upto approx 6k RPM.

The servo appears to working correctly (does cleaning cycle and opens when revved) and i have set it using the guide on DT125.net. Also the bike doesn't like 'cruising' at a constant speed below the 6k RPM mark. The bike is ok all the time i am increasing speed but seems to cough and splutter along the road instead of staying at a constant RPM when the throttle is held at a certain point. The throttle is very all or nothing.

I have removed and blanked off the 'boost bottle' on top of the inlet manifold, will this make it better/worse?

Any help will be great

Thanks, Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, i have a 1995 DT125, with a 2003 engine. When i got the bike the PV was pegged open. I have since fitted a YPVS servo. The bike has a full DEP system, and i have trimmed the inlet rubber 'funnel'as shown on DT125.net. The bike pulls really well at higher revs, but seems to be gutless at low revs, i.e. upto approx 6k RPM.

The servo appears to working correctly (does cleaning cycle and opens when revved) and i have set it using the guide on DT125.net. Also the bike doesn't like 'cruising' at a constant speed below the 6k RPM mark. The bike is ok all the time i am increasing speed but seems to cough and splutter along the road instead of staying at a constant RPM when the throttle is held at a certain point. The throttle is very all or nothing.

I have removed and blanked off the 'boost bottle' on top of the inlet manifold, will this make it better/worse?

Any help will be great

Thanks, Mark

As i understand it the boost bottle boosts (sorry) low/mid range performance and torque.

Have you got the engine loom/cdi and the carb for the 2003 motor as well?

As i understand it the boost bottle boosts (sorry) low/mid range performance and torque.

Have you got the engine loom/cdi and the carb for the 2003 motor as well?

I will fit the boost bottle back to the bike if this is the case!

The bike is still using it original (older) loom and CDI, and therefore has an earlier PV servo. Im not sure about which carb has been used, but i have removed it and cleaned it out.

Apart from this 'minor' low end and 'cruising' problem everytings fine?

Cheers, Mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online