Bike 1 - Car 0

JohnR6
This post is 7211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, :D

Does anyone have a bike but not a car? Can it be done? Do you think I can do with selling my car and get a bike? Do you guys still ride to work during winter when it's snowing or pissing it down hard? Also, how would I do my weekly food shopping with the Mrs on the bike? :? Is all this possible and wise? Or shall I just save up to get a bike and keep the car?

I'm just weighing up my options for when I pass my DAS. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I used to just have a bike, but Iv'e had a bike n car for a couple of years, I suppose I had to use the bike all the time I'd just need to.

But when you the two yes you do get used to it!, but I suppose you also get used to having one eg the bike. My mates like that, he goes to Asda and everywhere on the bike, he's never had a car.

Having said that, he's trying to get one now, cause he's got a wee girl (she's 4) and he cant obvious them all on the bike :lol:.

But I think if didn't have her he wouldn't bother, and obviously he's out in all weathers, but you know what'll happen.

Once he get's the car, he'll use it more all the time, maybe not but I think he might.

i used to just own a bike, but tbh it wasnt very practical when having a family so i had to get a car aswell. 1 thing i have noticed since getting the car, i appreciate the time out on the bike a lot more now 8)

You know Beez, I can relate to that, not that I have any kids, I dont!, infact I'm my own man there you are, dont even have a g/f, how sad is that :lol:.

Anyway as I was saying, yea when I'm out on the bike I kinda dont want to come off it either (yea that way too!).

Mind you got to admit, t'other day were out, and got caught in a bloody downpour, it was good just putting the bike away and getting the car and putting heater on, yep! fekin' good it was.

But I was totaly soaked and hungy, Iv'e got excuse :P

Do you guys ride in the snow too? Cos' in the DSA book that I read it says that when it's snowing or pissing it down, you sould always ask yourself whether you really need to ride today!? :?

I think my Mrs will probably kill me if I sold the car and bought a bike!! Might just sell the car to the Mrs and then get a bike.....that way I have the car and the bike! hehehe :lol:

i try not to go out even in rain never mind snow :shock: ..it's gotta be dry and bright for me :oops:

Oh Beez, dont tell me your a fair weather biker!, c'mon............Y'see thats what a car does to you :lol: :wink:, well then again, I'm one to talk.

I suppose it's diffirent if your in the house and it's pouring then obviously take the car, no point in going out to deliberatly get wet. But if your allready out and it starts, well there nothing you can do.

Most oldies will have gone through the bike only phase when they were youngsters.

Bikes in those days were either viewed as "poor man's transport" or a hooligan tool.

But if you've got a family you have to have a car. I don't like cars, never had any interest in them. They're just like a pair of shoes to me....something you have to have to get around.

i try not to go out even in rain never mind snow :shock: ..it's gotta be dry and bright for me :oops:

What's wrong?......are ya afraid ya might melt :lol:

NO GUTS......NO GLORY! 8)

I've not got a car. The last time I drove a car was over 10 years ago :shock: I've just had bikes ever since then. I ride the bike most of the time as long as it's not snowing or icy. It's easy enough for me to get the train to work when it's really bad as I work near city center :D

Amanda

i only have my bike. wouldnt want a car, hate the bloody things :roll: havent even driven a car in ages actually. i suppose when me and julie start a family i'll have to get one, but until then no way 8)

I've never had a car licence. Shopping is a bit of a nightmare I have to go a coupla times a week!

I used to pack 3 full bags of groceries home every week, on my Seca 400.....not too difficult really......until it rains!.....then it's a BITCH :evil: :lol:

I'm always hearing other co-workers givin' me grief about taking sooooo long to get ready for the ride home everyday.........but then it shut's 'em right up when I pass 'em halfway home 8) :lol:

Most oldies will have gone through the bike only phase when they were youngsters.

Bikes in those days were either viewed as "poor man's transport" or a hooligan tool.

But if you've got a family you have to have a car. I don't like cars, never had any interest in them. They're just like a pair of shoes to me....something you have to have to get around.

Thats how i feel about cars....they were always a method of getting from a to b........could never understand the fasination......now bikes i feel different about.........i cant wait to just go out for a blast.........even if its just down to the garage to pick up a paper.........

2-Wheels is thee only way to fly! 8) ........about the only exception to that is when My pick-up truck is in use.........only 4-wheeler I'll ever need :wink:

Until i had kids i only had bikes. Shopping can be done with a rack to strap a box on and a rucksack, but its uncomfortable.

I have given up on cars after buying a new one that constantly needed fixing, but, my good lady has her little runaround. When the weather is bad i jump on my ped. But im not as young as i was so when its icy i take the car. I kept crashing the ped :lol: