YZF R6 2000 Power Problems!! Help!! ECU Fault???

Chawner
This post is 5445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Alright Folks, (First post bear with me lol)

Right here goes - I had my r6 last year and because of my age I had to have it restricted, these models being carb it was the simple washers on the inlet manifolds restricting the input of the bike and it used to "choke" as I describe it the bike at 10000 RPM and used to make the bike top about 100ish. However I derestricted the bike a few months ago and the bike was as it should have been, like it was when I rode it before it was restricted however it has been off the road a month or so and I have just recently put it back together and been out on it, riding it yesterday I noted that either my riding has improved without being on a bike or the bike aint puttin out what it should, this was evident when the bike topped out at 105 yesterday, 115 today. I tried giving her a few fistfuls and even tweakin the clutch in first n second yesterday at high revs n the front barely leaves the floor so theres definitely something wrong I would say its running at about 40-50 bhp, as my RGV 250 could potentially match it atm so I don't know whats going on.

The Problem =

The exhaust is blowing a tiny bit but theres no chance its costing the bike circa 30-50 brake is there??

My theory is that because the bike hasn't been used for a month or so that the ECU has gone back to thinking its restricted again???? Is this possible?

Solutions??? =

I don't know what to try other than disconnecting the battery for half an hour, then hoping its reset itself or try a different ECU, then give it a good servicing.

Any suggestions guys ???

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there mate, no it wont be an ECU problem, they dont adapt it just runs from a set ignition map triggered by the crankshaft. I never had any problems when i took the restrictors out of mine, have you made sure the carburetors are sat firmly down into there rubbers? if there not you'd definately notice it the way you are, some times they can take some force to really push down properly.