R125 question

james12345
This post is 5569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I've an 08 R125, and have a question about the fuel guage

I've recently had fitted a new set of dials under warranty due to the old set dying on me. Since then, the fuel guage seems to be at different levels at all sorts of random times. For instance, I rode 25 miles to work yesterday, knowing I started with a full tank, and when I arrived it showed that I had used half a tank full! Then by the time I'd got home again (another 25 miles) it was showing as empty. Then this morning, it was back up to 3/4 of a tank again!!

Also, evey now and then the fuel guage flashes all seven segments at me, for up to an hour at a time, at random times. Is this something that anyone else has experienced??

Yes, I know, I should be taking it straight back to the dealer who did the warranty work, but wondered if there was a fix I could do myself to save them keeping the bike for a few days to diagnose!

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online