need to know if this will pass an MOT

Paulwhite
This post is 5579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi iv got a Sachs roadster which uses the xv 125 engine

the problem is my exhaust is f****d and the only replacement part i can find is the front header leading to the twin mufflers

which means I'm still in need of the rear header/down pipe coming from the rear cylinder.

now, iv striped the bike down and the top of the pipe (about 6 inch from where it links to the engine) is sound so i thaught if i cut it, then put on flexy pipe and tack weld it (to replace the cut out section ) then wrap it in exhaust wrap and ties it should be spot on ??

but i need to know if this would pas an M O T

cause thats what all this work is for and il be damned if I'm forkin out over £200 !!!!

any advice would help . cheers .

ps. if you want to look at the flexy pipe its on ebay under " flexy exhaust "

.Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi iv got a Sachs roadster which uses the xv 125 engine

the problem is my exhaust is f****d and the only replacement part i can find is the front header leading to the twin mufflers

which means I'm still in need of the rear header/down pipe coming from the rear cylinder.

now, iv striped the bike down and the top of the pipe (about 6 inch from where it links to the engine) is sound so i thaught if i cut it, then put on flexy pipe and tack weld it (to replace the cut out section ) then wrap it in exhaust wrap and ties it should be spot on ??

but i need to know if this would pas an M O T

cause thats what all this work is for and il be damned if I'm forkin out over £200 !!!!

any advice would help . cheers .

ps. if you want to look at the flexy pipe its on ebay under " flexy exhaust "

.Paul.

so long as it don't leak it would be OK!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online