This is stupid

axl
This post is 7388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

But I was out yesterday with a few mates, a butto cut long stort short I couldnt wheelie that fekin thing (yzf750) :oops: :evil:.

I tried the usual "power" wheelie in 2nd and 3rd but it just wouldn't lift, I had it reving to about 5k ish. Will it have to reved higher!, I now it's stupid asking but there you go.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your yzf would have to be tuned to the max to get a power wheelie in 2nd or 3rd!! My 95 yzf with dyno/k&n etc can do them in first, but I don't like the "on - off - on throttle technique!

I used to just dip the clutch, but now I tend to "slip" it to get the front to rise smoothly. That way it comes up at the speed I want it to, and cant then control the height with the throttle. I can ride it out completely in first, and "now and again" get it into second (not good when you get neutral, and you rev it to the redline)!! :oops:

Why do you say it'd have to be tuned to be able to do it 2nd/3rd does it not have enough torque to "lift it" ro something is that it, I'd have thought it was me just not "having the knack".

2nd gear...rev to about 10k..drop revs and snap back on quickly....oh and hold on when the head comes up :lol:

You need an SV650 Axl :wink: :lol: 

Amanda

[x] There's no excuse for Suzuki ownership!

[ ] Bon was The Man!

[x] You want a nice Thumper you do!

[ ] Warning! Internet Riding God bullshitting in progress!

[ ] PM Mozzy!

[ ] Just say NO to Mullets!

[ ] We didn't bother with that any of that shit in my day!

[x] That's a girl's bike!

8) 8) 8)

you need a rd400 more like 8) easy wheelie machine 8) ringdidiringding riiiiiiiiiiiiing whaaaaaaaaaap riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap then 3rd gear and it comes down. i bet my noises really made the whole experience come alive for you all 8) :lol: :roll:

you need a rd400 more like 8)  easy wheelie machine 8)  ringdidiringding riiiiiiiiiiiiing whaaaaaaaaaap riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap then 3rd gear and it comes down. i bet my noises really made the whole experience come alive for you all 8)  :lol:  :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fekin' great LC, I was pissing myself when I read that :wink:, I remember these day only toooooo well!

But yea cheers guy's n Girls, I'll give it a try, I'll prolly shit myself in the proccess :roll:

i'm not into doing wheelies much, the odd one with the wheel pretty low and that's it, always scared of going over the back. i did that once on a cr125, it scared the crap outta me at the time

I just sit back, grip the tank hard with my knees hold my left foot pushed up on the lever (it wont change up till u let the revs off) cover my back brake just in case & wind it back, & up it comes, its all practice, practice, practice...dont just try to hoyke it right up, start off small & just get used to bringing it up higher & higher, when you find a balance point try changing to 2nd fast b4 the wheel comes down, its all practice, practice, practice. A near empty tank of fuel & down a tooth on the front sprocket helps too....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online