reving problem

wheelie916
This post is 5571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all i own an r125 and it has developed a reving problem when under load.

its a hard one to explain but.....

when under load in any gear but most noticable in 3,4,5 if i pull the throttle back instead of it being a smooth brrrrrrrrrrrrrr from 4k upto redline it sort of stops and starts more like brrr,rrr,rrr,rrr,rrr,rrr if you understand me lol....

Ive changed the plug and it made it a little better and i have checked the air filter and that seems ok

the oil level is fine and is on the dipstick

does anyone have a clue what is causing this.

thanks

Jas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

im not sure if your bike has one, but (and i know that this sounds odd) my suburban did something similar. turned out that it was a bad o2 sensor. it was telling the brain that the engine was running lean when it wasnt. it would adjust fuel for a sec, and find that it was rich. back to lean. etc. br.....br.....br....br....br.....br......

im gonna let the experts here help ya.

im not sure if your bike has one, but (and i know that this sounds odd) my suburban did something similar. turned out that it was a bad o2 sensor. it was telling the brain that the engine was running lean when it wasnt. it would adjust fuel for a sec, and find that it was rich. back to lean. etc. br.....br.....br....br....br.....br......

im gonna let the experts here help ya.

Not sure about the sensor but I know it's getting real annoying now and I can't afford to take it in till end of the month :(

A better descrption might be that every half second when accelerating it sounds like the clutch slighty bites then stops then bites then stops but if I drop down a gear or am braking it still does it

HELP LOL

Jas

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online