xv 125 tuning

Paulwhite
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there I'm Paul and i have a Sachs roadster 125 which uses the xv 125 engine , iv put a new performance air filter and put a bigger main jet on it but my exhaust is practically free flow due to the fist size hole ... :blink:

if anyone can help I'm in need of some advice.

1. the bike fails to start unless i push it up and down the street in second gear. iv looked at the spark plugs and the mixture is a bit on the lean side could this be why it wont start?

iv got a 97.5 main jet in it, and a 102.5 is too big but cant get hold of any that are in between.

2. is the standard exhaust restricted somehow? as iv had a look at mine and there is a lip / over weld on the inside DI of both headers. would it help to grind these out? or just get slash cuts?

3. iv looked everywhere i can think of, and cant find a front sprocket that is NOT the standard size as I'm wanting 1 more tooth any suggestions??

4. where on earth can i get me hands on a aftermarket rev counter (electric) that will fit?

5. would fabricating an oil pump to fit where the oil filter would go and slapping a radiator on it help?

I'm hopefully going to post some pics soon

but any help would be much appreciated

thanks .Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1.First I would clean my carb, and then I would drill bigger holes (we talked about it already :) :) :) )If everything fails, take your bike to mechanic and let him find right mixture.Finding this is nerve breaking job....so better leave it to pro.

2.Every stock exhaust is restricted.

Check the header pipe near the engine, not the muffler, where you'll find restriction rings.

Front one will come down easely but rear one is welded, so grind it or drill it.Then go to the store and buy copper spacer rings wich you'll install between engine and exhaust pipe.Spacer outer radius is 32mm while inner radius is 23mm.

3.I got my custom sprocket from www.jtsprockets.com

4.I buy my things in germany (www.louis.de).... rev counter and speedo in pair is 60 euros at the moment.

5.As for placing radiator where oil filter is.......I cant give you a hint becouse I never heard anyone done this on Virago models, but IF you can install it somehow, it will surely help and prolong life of your engine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online