Searching for a YA-1

YamaBlonde
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, I have a YB100, an FS1, 2 SR125's (one is 1996, the other is 1999) and also a 1981 SR250. But I am really wanting an old YA-1, which is from 1954, I think. Anyone seen one for sale, anywhere? Heck, I'd consider importing it! Thanks, Debb :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, I have a YB100, an FS1, 2 SR125's (one is 1996, the other is 1999) and also a 1981 SR250. But I am really wanting an old YA-1, which is from 1954, I think. Anyone seen one for sale, anywhere? Heck, I'd consider importing it! Thanks, Debb :)

Hi deb.

the chance of finding a YA1 are very slim ... perhaps there may be a few more YL1's about (YL1=100 twin in fs1 frame (ish) which may be better than looking for the old A1

Regards Jim

• 7 months later...

how much would it cost to buy a ya-1 in a fully restored condition? cus i might have one soon

Hi Jonny, are you asking me what you should be paying for one you want to buy, or are you offering me one to buy from you?

There are a few considerations, at any rate -- which handlebars, which silencer? Restored with updates or as original, and has the engine been worked on, too? Where is the bike at present?

Thanks,

Debb

i have heard a rumour that a friend of mine has one in pieces for restoration and i was wondering how much the finnished article would be worth if it was completely origional and well restored

if i manage to get my paws on her no expense shall be spared in restoration and she will most likely be sold to contribute to a new business venture.

i have heard a rumour that a friend of mine has one in pieces for restoration and i was wondering how much the finnished article would be worth if it was completely origional and well restored

if i manage to get my paws on her no expense shall be spared in restoration and she will most likely be sold to contribute to a new business venture.

Again, I am unclear if you are asking me to give you an appraisal of the bike or what. Personally, I know the maximum I would pay for a restored bike, but then again, that would depend upon where I needed to collect it.

But, sorry Jonny, I cannot tell you its worth, as I am not into restorating classic bikes to sell to others. I have bikes for my own personal use; I don't buy them, fix them up and then sell them.

Perhaps you could contact a classic bike restorer or reseller, and ask them?

All the best,

Debb

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online