Wales. Biker Paradise

XT Alan
This post is 7397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Just had a great ride. Start with a mug of tea on the Prom in Aberystwyth.......Trawscoed..............Tregaron (remote market town)............Strata Florida (NT tended old abbey).................Teifi Lakes and off road to the back of Lake Claerwen and back....................Devil's Bridge for a coffee....................Aberystwyth Prom for a mug of tea. Mileage 95. Cars seen, once out of Aber, less than 20. Bikes on route - nil.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wasn't it wet over your way Alan?

Been pissing down here all day. :cry:

We often call into the cafe in Devil's Bridge....was there on Friday talking to a guy who'd ridden up from Essex on a 50's Panther. Rally near you apparently.

Hi Pete,

No, it was dry all day here. I had a few drops of rain near Tregaron - not enough to even dampen the road. You'll have to move to this side of the hills....... :wink:

Really pissed down Alan....we ended up driving down near Llandovery and the roads were awash down there too! :cry:

Saw about 3 or 4 bikes all afternoon, instead of about 3 or 4 hundred.

Could have down with a nice run today as well.

All the blokes on their big cruisers were swarming around Brecon today. I was ALMOST too embarressed :oops: to go out on mine with those monsters around.

Did anyway 8)

I'm so old, I can't even remember being young :roll: Waxed Belstaff jackets, Premier Helmets, Dunstall Dominators, Tritons, Rickman Panniers and for the wheels Dunlop TT100s. 100mph was genuinely fast back then and wobbly. Our XTs would have been Speed Kings in the Olden Days.

Pass me the Sanatogen quick :?

I'm so old, I can't even remember being young :roll: Waxed Belstaff jackets, Premier Helmets, Dunstall Dominators, Tritons, Rickman Panniers and for the wheels Dunlop TT100s. 100mph was genuinely fast back then and wobbly. Our XTs would have been Speed Kings in the Olden Days.

Pass me the Sanatogen quick :?

Here's some more to remember: Dunlop K70's, Avon Speedmaster, Kangol Gladiator, Nolan Guardsman, Griffin Clubman, Derriboots (still got an original pair), flares getting caught up in the kickstart, TwoFour humped seats, young bimbos waving to every bike!

The Golden Era of motorcycling though! 8)

Tell you what Alan, even though DerriBoots were the object of much derision, I still haven't found a warmer, drier boot.

If I ever have to ride in the rain (very rare these days) then the Derriboots come out of the cupboard. Still going strong at 30 years old!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online