YZF 600R information required

Uncle Fester
This post is 5584 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I'm looking to get one of these fine motorcycles, based on some of the research I've done on it, they seem like a good allrounder which is what I'm after.

I know about the 2nd gear issue, but was wondering if there are any other things I should watch out for in particular on this model, when test riding, any other known issues?

Strange question, but, are colours an issue?

Some of them are pretty gaudy (orange) so would these be less valuble, or harder to resell, like a chocolate brown car??

I hope to have one by mid to late summer, funds allowing....

Thanks in advance .

Fester... :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all,

I'm looking to get one of these fine motorcycles, based on some of the research I've done on it, they seem like a good allrounder which is what I'm after.

I know about the 2nd gear issue, but was wondering if there are any other things I should watch out for in particular on this model, when test riding, any other known issues?

Strange question, but, are colours an issue?

Some of them are pretty gaudy (orange) so would these be less valuble, or harder to resell, like a chocolate brown car??

I hope to have one by mid to late summer, funds allowing....

Thanks in advance .

Fester... :blink:

I just bought a 2003 YZF 600R about a week or so ago with 9300 miles on it for $3600. The value on kbb is about $4000 so I got a decent deal on it. I have to say this is my first motorcycle and i love it immensely. It runs very smoothly. Not a very loud bike which is nice. Extremely quick. Handles very well. It is very comfortable for a sportbike. I have not had any gear issues with it. Mechanically i need to learn more about repairs that I may have in the future but I highly recommend this bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online