Cleaning Petrol Tank

AndyDtr08
This post is 5587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The Petrol tank im gonna be putting on my latest project is in poor condition. Im not so bothered about the outside but the inside is awful, rust etc. Whats the best way to clean it out? i presume you can fill it with a solution and let it soak away at it? Any ideas?

Cheers andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Petrol tank im gonna be putting on my latest project is in poor condition. Im not so bothered about the outside but the inside is awful, rust etc. Whats the best way to clean it out? i presume you can fill it with a solution and let it soak away at it? Any ideas?

Cheers andy

nut and bolts, parafin and shakey shakey.

I would suggest lining the tank with POR15, its a kit with acid etcher and the 2 pack sealant.

I'm assuming your from UK as you said petrol, so www.frost.co.uk is a good supplier

drweps

nut and bolts, parafin and shakey shakey.

I would suggest lining the tank with POR15, its a kit with acid etcher and the 2 pack sealant.

I'm assuming your from UK as you said petrol, so www.frost.co.uk is a good supplier

drweps

Thanks ill have a look around :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online