81 Yamaha xs 400 petcock

Dave07
This post is 5587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How do I know which postion the petcock is set on? Is the longer part of the handle I turn the pointer? Or is the other end?

On the left says res> on the bottom says on then to the right says <pri . Can some send a pic of a petcock pointing to Pri then res. then on postion. I am so confused. In the morning when I go start it I got to put the switch to the right for it to start which i'm assuming thats the pri postion ? It wont start if the longer part of the switch is down which looks to me to be the on postion. Or do I have a bad petcock?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How do I know which postion the petcock is set on? Is the longer part of the handle I turn the pointer? Or is the other end?

On the left says res> on the bottom says on then to the right says <pri . Can some send a pic of a petcock pointing to Pri then res. then on postion. I am so confused. In the morning when I go start it I got to put the switch to the right for it to start which i'm assuming thats the pri postion ? It wont start if the longer part of the switch is down which looks to me to be the on postion. Or do I have a bad petcock?

you normally don't touch it as it works from vaccum. don't have it on prime, that's whe you disturb the carbs and they need filling before starting.

the bit you use to turn ie the long part should be; down for on, and forward for reserve and pulled facing backwards for prime

could be the pet-cock diaphram is perished, you can buy kits to repaire them

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online