Virago engine - chain conversion

dave_2A_
This post is 5434 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Has anyone converted a virago engine to chain drive? I ask because I've a TR1 (anyone got any bit?) and also because I want to put an XV engine in a Ducatti I've got.......

Well I DO like a challenge

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all.

Has anyone converted a virago engine to chain drive? I ask because I've a TR1 (anyone got any bit?) and also because I want to put an XV engine in a Ducatti I've got.......

Dave

I see no reason that any of the above cannot be done. Just how much money were you going to spend?

Hi all.

Dave

Hi Dave

thats some challenge !!! (but not impossible) First off you will have to remove the middle gearbox dependant on which XV you have the may be just a case of removing it & then finding/making a sproket to fit & making sure the gearbox has an oil seal. But if the XV motor has the middle gearbox built into the cases (most cases) you will have to hack the crankcases about in order to find a drive point ... but money no object it could be done !

Regards Jim