rxs100 oil/fuel mix

matt_best1
This post is 5588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

Anyone know the ratio for oil to fuel that I need to go in the tank as my oil pump no longer works.

cheers

Hi Matt

what went wrong with the pump ? If the pump is junk I would run at about 30:1 .. but don't forget you may need to adjust the jetting as you will have a mixture running thro them rather than 'pure' fuel which in turn may make the bike run a little weak and give you some ignition/overheat problems ! It would be good to know what has gone wrong with the pump as they were ultra good !

Regards Jim

Hi Matt

what went wrong with the pump ? If the pump is junk I would run at about 30:1 .. but don't forget you may need to adjust the jetting as you will have a mixture running thro them rather than 'pure' fuel which in turn may make the bike run a little weak and give you some ignition/overheat problems ! It would be good to know what has gone wrong with the pump as they were ultra good !

Regards Jim

To be fair not sure as I haven't used this for a long while as I got a diversion after learning on the rxs about 5 years back. has been in the garage ever since. Started it up a few weeks back as am sellling it but when my dad had it MOT'd about 4 years ago the garage disconnected it saying it was damaged and I have never had the chance to look into it. Seem to remember disconnecting the pump when I fitted a new accelerator able at some point which may have done something. Maybe it just needs setting up again properly.

thanks for the advice on the oil mix

To be fair not sure as I haven't used this for a long while as I got a diversion after learning on the rxs about 5 years back. has been in the garage ever since. Started it up a few weeks back as am sellling it but when my dad had it MOT'd about 4 years ago the garage disconnected it saying it was damaged and I have never had the chance to look into it. Seem to remember disconnecting the pump when I fitted a new accelerator able at some point which may have done something. Maybe it just needs setting up again properly.

thanks for the advice on the oil mix

Hi Matt,

I guess the cable is just either disconnected or incorrectly set up just remove the small cover on the r/h side of the engine to have access to the pump from there you may see what is wrong .. the cable mashed or something else.

but as these pumps were very good I would guess it to be a cable problem !

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online