Calling RD 250/350 owners

sfbrain
This post is 5587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I am currently restoring a 350B which can be seen here 350B restoration

The 350B restoration has been waiting for an 'all new' electronic ignition system, being developed by Electrix.

Its an 'all singing and dancing' system that not only replaces the points plate but also the coils and everything in between !!!

Well Electrix say its ready and currently running on an LC

What the guys at Electrix want is to borrow a running 250/350 A/B for a weekend, so they can do a final fitting test.

Unfortunatly the 350B restoration is not ready to run yet, so it cant be used.

They are based around Oxford, anyone prepared to lend them your bike for a weekend ??

I'm sure there is a good deal there for someone who can help (we have order No1 )

PM me if you can help

Thanks

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys,

I am currently restoring a 350B which can be seen here 350B restoration

The 350B restoration has been waiting for an 'all new' electronic ignition system, being developed by Electrix.

Its an 'all singing and dancing' system that not only replaces the points plate but also the coils and everything in between !!!

Well Electrix say its ready and currently running on an LC

What the guys at Electrix want is to borrow a running 250/350 A/B for a weekend, so they can do a final fitting test.

Unfortunatly the 350B restoration is not ready to run yet, so it cant be used.

They are based around Oxford, anyone prepared to lend them your bike for a weekend ??

I'm sure there is a good deal there for someone who can help (we have order No1 )

PM me if you can help

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

odd concept ... the only fitting issue would be perhaps the taper & keyway on the crankshaft (this assumes that the company is producing a CDI that is simular to the LC std one .. genni plus sparks). I would guess that a direct crib of the LC CDI would work on a 350B but if they have gone to far away from the LC ignition curves & geni/pluse coils there is a chance its a suck it & see thing !!!

Regards Jim

do you mean electrex?

or is this a new company?

Yep, its Electrex, they are telling the owner of the bike i'm restoring that the kit is finally ready ???

Is there something i should know about Electrex ??

Do you know a 250/350 A/B we can use ??

Steve

Yep, its Electrex, they are telling the owner of the bike i'm restoring that the kit is finally ready ???

Is there something i should know about Electrex ??

Do you know a 250/350 A/B we can use ??

Steve

electrex is a good company, if it were electrix than i would be doubious as they might be trying to drum up trade by association!! ( never heard of them anyway)

as for the rd's I'd PM merv as he is mod on the rd aircooled site and speak with him!

electrex is a good company, if it were electrix than i would be doubious as they might be trying to drum up trade by association!! ( never heard of them anyway)

as for the rd's I'd PM merv as he is mod on the rd aircooled site and speak with him!

Steve SFBrain is also predominanly on aircooled RD site, I guess the question has already been asked there.... ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online