xjs 900 carburettor problems

jebby7
This post is 5588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am going to see a 900 diversion 1998 model with the intenton of buying. However the fellow selling it says that it starts and runs only to about the end of the street. He thinks it may be a carburettor problem. Does anyone out there have any suggestions what may be the cause? And does it sound expensive or difficult to fix? He is selling at a good price because he doesn't know how to fix it.

Thanks.

jebby7

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am going to see a 900 diversion 1998 model with the intenton of buying. However the fellow selling it says that it starts and runs only to about the end of the street. He thinks it may be a carburettor problem. Does anyone out there have any suggestions what may be the cause? And does it sound expensive or difficult to fix? He is selling at a good price because he doesn't know how to fix it.

Thanks.

jebby7

Hi Jebby,

go steady with this one but I would think it has a fuel pump/tank/filter problem but you may have an ignition problem. As the 900 normally never stops (unless stood) I would think on the former !

Regards Jim

Hi Jebby,

go steady with this one but I would think it has a fuel pump/tank/filter problem but you may have an ignition problem. As the 900 normally never stops (unless stood) I would think on the former !

Regards Jim

thanks I'll have a look at those things. help appreciated,thanks

jebby

thanks I'll have a look at those things. help appreciated,thanks

jebby

Hi Jebby,

if you can just get hold of the bike and run it at high RPM if it holds back and gives an odd noise from the cylinder head area you could just strip the carbs & air valves out to fix it .. but I need some more info

Regards Jim

Hi Jebby,

if you can just get hold of the bike and run it at high RPM if it holds back and gives an odd noise from the cylinder head area you could just strip the carbs & air valves out to fix it .. but I need some more info

Regards Jim

Appreciate all the help Jim. Unfortuneately I got a phonecall from the seller tonight saying that someone else had beat me to it and had bought it first :( . Thanks again.

jebby

Appreciate all the help Jim. Unfortuneately I got a phonecall from the seller tonight saying that someone else had beat me to it and had bought it first :( . Thanks again.

jebby

Hi Jebby,

just find another & if you need help let me know !

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online