Have you ever...

R1caz
This post is 7269 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good question R1caz, xtremes thread about people riding the wrong bike and only riding them because others do is very relevent to this. there are alot of crap road tests around now, all these idiots and their super 600's tests, the same ones each month, they make everyone believe these are the only bikes we should be on yet if alot of people would give the other bikes a chance they'd be surprised, and prob end up with a bike far more suited to their needs and what they want. what i'm trying to say is dont write a bike off as crap before you ride it, the road tests by alot of the bike press are rather suspect and make you think you NEED sports, r1's, kneedowns etc.. bullshit! but back to your original question(sorry :roll: :lol: ) i always try and have an open mind when trying out another bike, so i've never really had what you described, i was rather surprised when i rode a xv535 though, i know you might laugh but it really was fun, very comfy, handled surprisingly good :o wasnt all that fast but what do you expect, and i managed a 100 out of it. not my cup of tea but did open my eyes to say the least

I felt the same way about my Daily Hack XJ.........not exactly what I would choose as a fav, but for only $700 & I got to keep it for a weekend of test riding before I bought it 8) .......I began to see the light of practicality shine through, & I can now honestly say that the Maxim is one of the most trouble-free bikes I've ever owned :tu